Shop Technician is responsible for repairs and maintains electric, and LP fuel industrial forklift trucks with factory standards. The Master Field Technician will oversee the work of any apprentice technician.
- Must be able to read work orders and observe trucks in operation to determine malfunction/diagnose the problem(s)
- Receive repair orders from dispatcher
- Able to offer solutions to meet customer specifications; provide estimates when appropriate.
- Able to make mechanical repairs to equipment after a complete inspection and analysis of breakdown have been completed.
- Able to understand and utilize various exchange items and evaluate the price of exchange vs cost of repair.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty
- Must have great customer service and ability to communicate with customers on repair needs, or work that was completed.
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks and adjusts.
- Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired trucks to verify conformance to specifications.
- Maintain excellent work habits and comply with all safety and company regulations.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- One to Three months of related experience and/or training – and/or a combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of internet software.
Certificates & Licenses: Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Must be able to pass a background screening and pass a drug test.
Language: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Typical Physical Activity:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to occasionally lift 75 pounds from floor to chest; reach and use the arms with a full range of motion; endure prolonged standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and squatting while performing mechanical operations; exert push and pull forces with the arms in order to use various wrenches and tools; endure prolonged forward and overhead arm positions while performing mechanical operations; use hands to grasp hand tools and parts, and climb onto and operate equipment.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
Employees regularly work outdoors/indoors around moving mechanical parts. May be exposed to weather extremes when working outside in conditions that include inclement weather, heat, cold, and humidity. The noise level may be loud at times. Exposure to small quantities of chemicals, dust, steam, high-pressure water, and high-speed rotating equipment. Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment. Required to perform work in cramped spaces and/or high places.
- Multiple health insurance plan options, including dental and vision plans
- 401K retirement savings plan with Company Match
- Paid time off – sick time, vacation, and holidays
J.V. Equipment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Refer this job to a friend.
Know someone who would be perfect for this position? Send this referral and they will receive a brief email with a link to this page.