Material Handler – Batteries (OMNI)
The Material Handler must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately, and without causing significant safety threats to self or others, for a battery and charger distribution company. The statements made herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification.
- Pulling (physical lifting) orders, loading, and unloading trucks. Load batteries for customers. May make occasional non-CDL deliveries.
- Forklift experience is preferred on both stand-up and sit-down forklifts.
- Visually inspects the material and discards defects.
- May need to weigh the finished product.
- Performs other duties as required by management.
- Responsible for proper housekeeping and safety practices.
- Willing to work in a hot and cold environment.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
TYPICAL PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to occasionally lift 75 pounds from floor to chest; reach and use the arms with a full range of motion; endure prolonged standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and squatting while performing mechanical operations; exert push and pull forces with the arms in order to use various wrenches and tools; endure prolonged forward and overhead arm positions while performing mechanical operations; use hands to grasp hand tools, parts, climb onto and operate the equipment.
- Multiple health insurance plan options, including dental and vision plans
- 401K retirement savings plan with Company Match
- Paid time off – sick time, vacation, and holidays
J.V. Equipment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Refer this job to a friend.
Know someone who would be perfect for this position? Send this referral and they will receive a brief email with a link to this page.