Billing Specialist - OMNI
Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree with a minimum of two (2) years of billing
The Billing Specialist’s primary role is to compile data, compute fees and charges, and prepare invoices for billing purposes. Duties include computing costs and calculating rates for goods, services, and shipment of goods; posting data; and keeping other relevant records. This position is an extension of effectively communicating with the collections team and assisting in daily collection efforts on late payments.
- Verify the accuracy of billing data and revise any errors
- Assisting in daily collection efforts on late payments
- Resolving billing disputes by researching, reporting, and determining if credit or refund will be approved
- Communicating with Accounts Receivable and Resolutions teams to update and resolve billing issues as well as provide updated contact information or any additional information for collecting payment as well as coding disputes
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data or keeping other records concerning costs of goods or services or the shipment of goods
- Operate typing, adding, calculating, or billing machines
- Answer mail or telephone inquiries regarding rates, routing, or procedures
- Locate and monitor overdue accounts, using computers and a variety of automated systems.
- Perform various administrative functions for assigned accounts, such as recording address changes and purging the records of deceased customers
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and record, billing machines
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Logic and reasoning thinking to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Bachelor’s degree (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution with a minimum of two (2) years of billing experience in lieu of the bachelor’s degree education requirement
- Associate degree
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong work ethic and drive to achieve goals.
- Strong computer proficiency (Window, Word, Excel)
The work environment may vary from office to industrial shop location.
- Multiple health insurance plan options, including dental and vision plans
- 401K retirement savings plan with Company Match
- Paid time off – sick time, vacation, and holidays
J.V. Equipment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Refer this job to a friend.
Know someone who would be perfect for this position? Send this referral and they will receive a brief email with a link to this page.